The county treasurer's office is the central collection point for all taxes and fees coming into the county. While not all inclusive, a list of major department functions are:
- Collects property taxes.
- Collects mobile machinery fees and issues appropriate registration.
- Receives sales, use, severance, gasoline, cigarette and other miscellaneous taxes from the state.
- Issues tax status for mobile home title transfers
- Issues tax status for mobile home movement applications
- Issues Tax certificates for building permits.
- Records, tracks and redeems property tax liens on real property.
- Receives all county office and department fees.
The Treasurer’s office does not:
- Determine the amount of taxes (Assessor’s office determines value)
- Change record owner on property assessments (Assessor’s office, but only with properly recorded documents)
- Change record address on property assessments (Assessor’s office)
- Record deeds, property transfers, and contracts of sale (Clerk’s office)