Absentee Voting

Please click here on more information regarding absentee voting.  

How to Vote Absentee

Absentee ballots are available from the County Clerk’s Office forty five days before all elections for uniformed and overseas citizens.  All others can obtain a ballot 28 days prior to an election. You may call, write or visit the Clerk’s office to request an absentee ballot. A written request must contain your name, physical address, address where to mail the ballot, date of birth, and for Primary Elections your party affiliation.

Calls can be made to 800-250-9812 or 307-328-2650. Written request may be mailed to Carbon County Clerk, P.O. Box 6, Rawlins, WY 82301, email, or you may visit the Elections office in the County Clerk’s office, at the County Courthouse at:
415 West Pine Street, Rawlins, WY 82301

Date Returned

Absentee ballots must be returned to the Clerk’s office and must be received by 7 pm on Election Day. Absentee ballots cannot be returned to any polling place. Absentee ballots cannot be requested after 5 pm the day before election day, or on election day. Find the Absentee Ballot Request form (PDF). Find the Military and Overseas (MOVE/UOCAVA) Absentee Ballot Request form.